Setup MS Outlook Express & MS Outlook 2000 -
Configuring MS Outlook Express & MS Outlook
The following instructions are for setting up your e-mail account in MS Outlook Express 5 on a PC, instructions are similar for MS Outlook 2000.
Before you can set-up your e-mail account you may need to find out the SMTP mail server address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you already have an e-mail account set up with your ISP you can look at its settings to find this out.
To create a new e-mail account:
1. Open up MS Outlook Express. On the Tools menu click Accounts, a pop up window will appear.
2. Click on the Add button and select Mail. A new pop-up window will appear for the set up wizard.
3. Enter the name you would like to appear in the FROM field of e-mails you send. Click Next.
4. Check the first radio button 'I already have an e-mail that I'd like to use' and enter an e-mail address that you would like people to see when they are replying to your e-mails e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org . Click Next
5. The top line should read 'My incoming mailserver is a POP3 server'.
In the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server' field enter
In the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' field enter the outgoing mailserver Hostname of your ISP
or smtp.justdomainsuk.com. Click Next
6. In the Account name field enter the Username supplied in your set up e-mail e.g.
In the Password field enter the Password supplied in your set up e-mail e.g. yourpassword
Check the Remember password box unless you want to enter your Username and Password every time you receive e-mail. Click Next
7. Finally click Finish the wizard pop-up window will close and your new e-mail account will appear in the Internet Accounts window click Close. Your e-mail account is now set up.
If at any time you need to change any of the settings on the Tools menu click Accounts then click the Mail tab, select the e-mail account that you want to alter and click the Properties button.
Please email us if you need further help,
you can use our contact form if you do not have email
JustSupportUK™ by Vikatec Ltd for Domain Names, Email
Setup, uk Web Hosting and Website Design.